On a recent visit to Mexico we were introduced to Ancho Reyes Chile Ancho Liqueur. It can be enjoyed neat, but we‘ve been having fun experimenting with it in cocktails. The “nose” clears the nostrils with warm dried chili, cinnamon, and cacao. In the mouth, you get a rich velvety warmth, followed by sweet baking spices and a subtle acidity, finishing with a pleasant lingering smokey heat. What better liqueur for a smoked cocktail? Check out our how-to video below.
- 3/4 oz Ancho Reyes Chile Ancho Liqueur
- 1 1/2 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz agave nectar
1. In a shaker with ice, combine the liqueur, tequila, lime juice and agave and set aside.
2. Grab your blow torch in one hand and with the other hand, tip your smoke jar to the side of your soaked wood chips that are on a wood grilling plank or other fireproof surface. Toast up the wood chips, capturing the smoke in the jar.
3. Strain the beverage into the smoke jar, cover with lid and swish.
4. Pour into an old-fashioned glass with ice (salt rim optional). Garnish with a slice of lime.
We've created links for you to order your own smoking equipment. Just click the items in red.
¡Ay Que Bueno!
Are you thirsty for more? Subscribe to our blog below and follow us on social media by clicking the icons at the top of our page. ¡Salud!